Tuesday, August 17, 2010

There Will Be Blood

There has been quite a bit of blood in the CG household this week. First there was the dog getting into a scrap with a raccoon. Then, the other night Grandpa Ralph was over for dinner and as I was handing Callie over to Bill so I could eat, I noticed blood dripping out of her ear. There were a few "Oh my gods" and "What the hell?" until we discovered that her ears weren't bleeding from listening to us talk or anything:) She had scratched her ear with those daggers also known as fingernails. And the final blood letting? Callie is getting very fast and accurate with her fingers. She, in the blink of an eye, jammed her finger up my nostril so hard and fast that she gave me one hell of a bloody nose. I called out to Bill: "You need to take the baby." To which he responded, "In a minute." To which I of course more urgently said: "NO. You need to take the baby NOW." He came running in the room just in time to see blood streaming out of my face. So, ya, she is fast and accurate! Look out! Next time I will try a little bob and weave to get out of her way! Oh Callie Lily, just wait til your first date comes to the door. They are going to get some stories! She might not ever get a 2nd date! Which would probably be totally acceptable to her daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment