Monday, July 19, 2010

Callie's First Road Trip Day 1

So we did our first looooong drive with Callie yesterday. We drove down to San Diego for our yearly pilgrimage to Comic Con. Luckily we gave ourselves lots of time and no pressure on when to arrive. She was a real trooper. We only had to stop a couple of times. But the poor thing definitely got tired of her car seat. She just needed more breaks than to just feed. At one point she was wailing because she was hungry and of course the turn off we took from the freeway had like nothing around it for us to stop at. I got so desperate because she was so upset, that I leaned as far forward as I could with my seatbelt still around my waist and leaned her head forward and did some super stretch breastfeeding until I yelled at Bill to turn left and we fed right where we stopped. Of course we ran into lots of traffic and 2 really gnarly looking accidents, but all in all it went well. Our total trip took a bit over 12 hours.


I just couldn't resist snapping this picture while she slept...Luckily the flash didn't wake her:)

No comments:

Post a Comment