Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Expectations


I spent a good chunk of my pregnancy being worried about how this was all going to feel. I was convinced that I was going to have to force myself into this new role, into this new word: "mom." But how wrong I was. It was like the moment I met Callie I was immediately changed. One look into her face and I knew I would do anything to make her safe and happy. It has been an amazing journey. I never knew what we were missing without her in our lives. I never knew that her cries could instantly break my heart or that her little fish face could make me feel happier and more content than I ever thought possible. It is such a different kind of connection, a different kind of love than I ever experienced or ever expected. There are of course moments when it is overwhelming but the happy moments definitely outweigh the frustrated ones. We feel so incredibly blessed that Callie is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment