Wednesday, May 19, 2010

First Full Day On Our Own

Bill went to work today for a full day. Luckily Callie let me sleep enough last night. We got up around 9:30am for a feeding. Then she promptly passed out for a few hours enabling me to be productive! I finished addressing the birth announcements (although when/how they will get mailed is another matter entirely!), started some laundry, pumped one side and even managed to get a shower in before she started screaming her head off. Then it was feeding/diaper change time. I did also manage to download an app to track feedings, sleep, diapers, drs appts, etc. We had been using the Itzbeen timer but it went ballistic this morning and kept resetting itself. It also didn't store information, so the new app called Total Baby is much better! After her long nap she was a bit of a mess, so it was lots of walking around the house until she fell asleep on me again. I put her down on her activity mat where she thankfully stayed asleep for a bit. Then it was off for our day's adventure! We walked down to the Alameda for some exercise and so mama could pick up some lunch. We walked down to Pasta Pomodoro and I picked up some lunch. While I was waiting for it to be ready, I went into Peet's for an iced soy chai. I sauntered over to a table while I waited which only had (what appeared to be) an empty pastry wrapper on the table. A minute or so later a man about my age walks up and says "Uhh. I was sitting here." So up I went. But it kinda bugged me. How many people would see a woman with a baby and ask them to get up? I'm hoping not many, but I met one of them today! After my drink and lunch were ready we walked back home. All in all, about 45 minutes for the whole trip and she did great! We got back home and I ate verrry quickly, since she was getting antsy. I'm getting really good at that! She was good until 5:30 or so when she got really fussy. She just plain tuckered herself out and passed out until Bill got home around 6:30. Then it was time to pass her off! Just in time! So I'd say today went really smoothly. I know everyday that I am taking care of her by myself won't be this smoothly but this was definitely the confidence booster I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment