Saturday, May 15, 2010

First Date Night

Bill and I got to go out on a date night last night. Thanks to grandma tere for watching our little girl. Of course, I wanted to go out to our favorite sushi restaurant, Kitsho, in Cupertino before checking out a movie. Mom came over around 7:30 and we walked her through the cloth diaper process and showed her where my pumped milk was. And then there was no more stalling, it was time to go. We drove to the restaurant. It felt so incredibly strange leaving Callie at home. I kept catching myself looking in the backseat for her. The urge to turn around and go get her was very strong! Its probably good that Bill was driving and not me! Dinner was lovely and it was nice to reconnect. Then it was off to our movie. We sat in the theater waiting for the movie to start. Bill said the funniest thing: "We are going to watch a movie...with other people!" We joked about how funny it would be if we fell asleep, which would not be hard. Callie hasn't been sleeping too well lately, which of course means we haven't either. I joked, "Ya, we'd pay $8 to take a 2 hour nap." Then we started ruminating on how much money we would pay to sleep uninterrupted for 2 hours. We decided we would definitely pay a decent amount of money! We enjoyed the movie and then it was time to go home. I practically wanted to sprint to the car. I had been restraining myself all night from texting my mom to ask how our girl was doing. I was so happy to see her when we came home but it was definitely good to have a break and be alone together, just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment