Thursday, June 10, 2010

Adventures in Projectile Liquids

So there we were yesterday almost out the door to go to my work's end of the year BBQ. So into the carseat Callie went. And all of a sudden, more liquid than I thought could have possibly fit into her little body came spewing out all over the car seat and her clothes,which were of course meticulously picked out the occasion. But she wasn't done. ohhh no! I put her on the changing table to get her cleaned up and our little girl spewed like a geyser. I jumped back to avoid as much of the milk, or what used to be milk came hurtling my way. Poor baby was so shocked and upset. I calmed her down and got her cleaned up again. I rocked and talked to her and took her temperature (no fever) and soon she fell asleep. So while she slept I got her clothes cleaned and ready to go for our 2nd attempt. When she woke up she seemed fine so we went down to the park for the bbq. She slept most of the time and we went back home. She had 3-4 feedings in between with no problems and then lo and behold one of her last feedings of the night it happened again. Luckily Bill was there to help me this time. I took her temperature again, still no fever. She of course was hungry very soon after so I tentatively fed her again and she was fine. We talked about whether or not to take her to the doctor the next day. I have an appt with my midwife so I'm going to ask her what she thinks today and am going to keep a close eye on her eating habits today and so far so good. So hopefully it was just that she ate too fast. I had been having trouble with my breastmilk supply after my bout with food poisoning so I had been back on the mother's milk tea and lactation supplements. So my hope is that she just couldn't keep up with the increased supply not that she is sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment