Monday, June 14, 2010

Callie Finally Visits 3rd Period


We finally made it to school last week to visit my 3rd period. A bunch of them had been emailing me asking when we were going to come visit. The morning classes were hard to visit since Callie typically finally goes down around 1am. We were determined to make it on the last day of school, last thursday. We just barely made it! but it was so worth it. The kids were so excited to see us. One of the funniest things was a group of girls came up close to see her and miraculously Callie was awake! and not only that, she was being super cute and smiling. So of course this gaggle of girls were all with the oooh and the ahhs. I was trying to ask the girls questions and they all started answering unison and almost stepford like. I asked them if the rest of the year went ok with the sub and they all said "Uhhh Huhhhh." It was hilarious. Never underestimate the power of a cute baby on a group of girls apparently. And here I thought we would be a cautionary tale! One of my students had one of her friends with her and he took the cutest picture of Callie, that is above. It is probably my favorite picture of her so far. And since Callie was still awake we moved over to the main office to prove that I had a "real" baby. I had been accused of having a fake baby because she was always asleep when I brought her to school. And of course, by the time we got to the office she was asleep again. Oh well. She did wake up for a bit after our diaper change on the go in the principal's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment