Monday, June 7, 2010

Food Poisoning Adventure

So I made a very poor decision friday night and picked up some fast food on my way home from my night out with co-workers. Baaaaad news. Bill and I both got food poisoning. Neither of us had ever had food poisoning before so we were a little worried it was the flu at first. I got sick in the morning and felt like I had been hit by a truck. We checked symptoms to make sure it wasn't mastitis and whether or not I should still nurse Callie. Apparently the only time you shouldn't nurse is if you are hospitalized, in which case, I can't imagine you would feel much like nursing anyway! So I groggily woke up a few times to feed her and back to bed I went. I remembered thinking it was weird that Bill wasn't feeling sick, since his stomach is a lot more sensitive than mine. And lo and behold...Just when I felt better, down went Bill, hard. My body seemed to process it faster than Bill's for some reason. Unfortunately we had to miss a good friend's birthday party, for which we had already reserved Grandma Tere's services. So she came over as planned which was a total godsend, so I wasn't totally on my own when Bill went down for the count. So if we were both gonna get sick, this is the way to do it: in shifts! By Sunday morning Bill was feeling better and it was definitely nice to have everybody back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment